Coordinate donor relations
- respond to and track inquiries from donors and potential supporters
- prepare and distribute tax receipts and thank you letters
- coordinate the distribution of newsletters, direct mail, e-news and other communications
Coordinate fundraising and stewardship activities
- contribute to the development of fundraising plans, content calendars, grant applications, newsletters, e-news, social media and other donor correspondence
- explore options to promote planned giving and third-party fundraising
- enhance and deliver stewardship and donor recognition activities
- develop case for support, new donor welcome package and other fundraising resources
- research and solicit in-kind donations of goods and services
- assist with community outreach activities
Manage donor data
- manage donor files, Paypal and CanadaHelps data, and eTapestry database, including data entry and verification
- receive and process donations
- run regular queries, reports, and excel exports and imports
- conduct regular donor and campaign analyses
- segment donor lists
- maintain records
- prepare verbal and written reports to management
- other related duties as required
This job is pending approval, expected in mid-April, through the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible under the program, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
International students are not eligible participants.
- must have a well-equipped home office, including computer, printer and internet access
- enrollment in a post-secondary institution in fundraising, advertising, marketing, communications, public relations, business or related programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- professional administration, fundraising, marketing or communications experience
- previous fundraising and customer service experience an asset
- proficiency in eTapestry software or another customer management relationship software an asset
- excellent, proven verbal and written English communications skills
- exceptional planning, organizing, time management and problem-solving skills
- ability to meet tight and evolving deadlines, through the use of strong organizational and time management skills
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others
- strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- proficiency in WordPress an asset
Term and Compensation
This is a 35 hr/wk position to begin as early as April 23 for up to 18 weeks. Opportunities may also be available starting Sept 6 for 23 weeks. Wages are $15.00/hr. Some shift work, weekends and evenings are required. This is a remote position.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter (including your availability and eligibility under the Canada Summer Jobs program), and two written references by email to info @ rideauwildlife.org.
Only complete applications will be accepted. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.