We are looking for experienced professionals who are interested in volunteering their expertise in writing/editing, marketing, journalism, graphic design or video production. These volunteers play a critical role in helping to inform and educate the community on wildlife issues, help the sanctuary maintain a professional image, and contribute to internal and external communications materials. Volunteers are able to contribute according to their area of interest and expertise. Work can be done from home but requires occasional trips to the wildlife centre in North Gower.
- write or edit articles for media, newsletters, e-news and social media
- write or edit website content
- write or edit grant proposals
- help with writing and editing volunteer manuals and training presentations
- help design and produce print and digital marketing materials
- design, produce and edit videos
- other communications support as required
- education or experience in writing/editing, journalism, fundraising, marketing, graphic design or video production
- 18 years of age or older
- transportation to RVWS (no public transit available)
Communications volunteers serve on a casual basis as their availability allows so they do not have set hours. Projects can be ongoing (e.g. monthly e-newsletters) or one-time (e.g. design of marketing materials). When projects arise, volunteers are contacted and asked to commit to certain tasks and timelines according to their area of interest and expertise.