Event support volunteers play an important role by helping to plan, manage or participate at open doors event (June 4-5), our annual Open House (June 18) or community events where we have an information booth. Volunteers are able to contribute according to their interest and availability, ranging from taking a leadership role in event planning to helping on event day.
- help plan, organize and run RVWS and community events
- support third-party fundraising events
- recruit event volunteers
- recruit silent auction donors and event sponsors
- organize mailings of marketing materials and follow-up correspondence to donors
- help with set-up and tear-down
- participate on event day
- 16 years of age or older
- transportation to RVWS (no public transit available)
Event volunteers serve on a casual basis as their availability allows. Time commitments vary from helping at a one-day event to longer term for event planning. When events arise, volunteers are contacted and asked to commit to certain tasks and timelines based on their area of interest and expertise.