Adult Mammals

injured skunkIf you have found a sick or injured adult wild mammal and it is safe to do so, try to corral an adult mammal into a box or pet carrier. Remember to wear protective gloves and do not try to handle any adult wildlife yourself.  Call the Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary at 613-258-9480 or your local rehabber for further advice.

If it is not safe to catch the animal, try to block it off to prevent its escape and call the City of Ottawa for rescue help at 311.

If an animal’s life is in immediate distress as a result of cruelty or neglect, please contact the police at 911. For non-urgent calls about animal neglect or cruelty, please contact the OSPCA at 310-SPCA or by email at