- Ensure general smooth running of office administration
- Prioritize, respond to and track general email and hotline enquires and refer to others as appropriate
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail
- Assist in distributing newsletters, thank you letters, e-news and other correspondence
- Contribute to updating and maintaining organization manuals and guidelines
- Prepare statistics and reports
- Greet clients and visitors
- Admit patients
- Receive and track client donations
Monitor volunteer schedules
- Monitor volunteer inquiries
- Update daily volunteer schedules with cancellations/additions
- Assist with maintaining volunteer database
- Monitor inventory and maintain shopping list of rehabilitation and office supplies
- Receive, manage and store all animal care supplies and donations
- Maintain all paper and computer files and records
- Maintain databases, including data entry, verification and reports as required
- Ensure newsletters, donations forms, and animal care forms are appropriately printed and stocked
Coordinate sanctuary services
- Arrange and coordinate veterinary appointments and follow-up
- Coordinate transportation for patients and supplies to and from the centre
- Assist with coordinating releases
This job is pending approval, expected in mid-April, through the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible under the Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
International students are not eligible participants.
- if working remotely, must have a well-equipped home office, including computer and software, printer and internet access
- reliable transportation to our facility in North Gower (there is no public transit available)
- enrollment in a post-secondary institution in business, administration or related program; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- ability to work independently under little supervision once trained
- ability to set priorities and work under pressure
- strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- strong verbal and written communications skills
- strong interpersonal and phone skills
- strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software
Term and Compensation
This is a 35 hr/wk position to begin as early as April 23 for up to 18 weeks. Wages are $14.00/hr. Some shift work, weekends and evenings are required. Preference will be given to applicants who are able to work on-site, but working remotely can be considered.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter (including your availability and eligibility under the Canada Summer Jobs program), and two written references by email to info @ rideauwildlife.org.
Only complete applications will be accepted. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no inquiries.