Coordinate outreach communications
- research and establish outreach relationships with corporate and community organizations
- research and coordinate virtual community event opportunities
- develop outreach presentations, videos and displays for a variety of audiences
- represent the organization at outreach events and deliver presentations
- coordinate the maintenance of the outreach resource centre and displays
- assist with fundraising and coordinating other events as required
- respond to media inquiries
Coordinate marketing communications
- develop multi-media content calendar for all appeals and stewardship activities
- develop and coordinate the production of newsletters, direct mail, e-news, press releases and related communications
- take and edit photos and videos
- develop and deliver social media content, graphics, photos and videos
- coordinate a website redesign and content
- maintain records
- prepare verbal and written reports to management
- other related duties as required
This job is pending approval, expected in mid-April, through the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible under the program, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
International students are not eligible participants.
- must have a well-equipped home office, including computer and software, printer and internet access
- ability to attend occasional meetings at our facility in North Gower (there is no public transit available)
- enrollment in a post-secondary institution in marketing, communications, fundraising, advertising, graphic design, public relations, business or related programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- professional marketing, social media, public speaking or communications experience
- excellent, proven verbal and written English communications skills, including public speaking
- strong creative skills, and ability to take and edit photos and videos
- exceptional planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
- ability to meet tight and evolving deadlines, through the use of strong organizational and time management skills
- ability to manage and prioritize professional responsibilities
- ability to thrive in a high-energy, challenging environment
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others
- strong computer skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative software
- previous fundraising and WordPress experience an asset
Term and Compensation
This is a 35 hr/wk position to begin as early as April 23 for up to 18 weeks. Opportunities may also be available starting Sept 6 for 23 weeks. Wages are $15.00/hr. Some shift work, weekends and evenings are required. Most of the work will be conducted remotely; however, occasional meetings or multi-day on-site visits will be required.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter (including your availability and eligibility under the Canada Summer Jobs program), and two written references by email to info @ rideauwildlife.org.
Only complete applications will be accepted. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no inquiries.