This job is pending approval, expected in mid to late April, through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Coordinate donor relations
- Prioritize, respond to and track donor inquiries
- Coordinate communications with donors and potential supporters
- Coordinate the production and distribution of newsletters, thank you letters, e-news, press releases and other correspondence
- Coordinate social media content and posts
- Coordinate donor files and database (eTapestry), including data entry and verification
- Prepare statistics and reports
- Maintain records
Coordinate educational outreach activities
- Research and establish outreach relationships with corporate and community organizations
- Research and coordinate community event opportunities, and represent the organization
- Research and draft outreach presentations and displays for a variety of audiences, consistent with school curriculum and other standards
- Coordinate and deliver client and outreach presentations and tours
- Coordinate the maintenance of the outreach resource centre
- Coordinate outreach volunteers
- Assist with fundraising and coordinating other events as required
- Maintain records
To be eligible under the Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
International students are not eligible participants.
- reliable transportation to our facility in North Gower (there is no public transit available)
- enrollment in a post-secondary institution in fundraising, advertising, marketing, communications, public relations, business or related programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- previous fundraising experience an asset
- exceptional planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
- ability to meet tight and evolving deadlines, through the use of strong organizational and time management skills
- ability to manage and prioritize professional responsibilities
- excellent, proven verbal and written communications skills, including telephone skills
- ability to thrive in a high-energy, challenging environment
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others
- strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- proficiency in eTapestry software an asset
Term and Compensation
This is a 40 hr/wk position to begin as early as April 23 for up to 16 weeks. Wages are $15.00/hr. Some shift work, weekends and evenings are required.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter (including your availability and eligibility under the Canada Summer Jobs program), and two written references by email to info @ rideauwildlife.org.
Only complete applications will be accepted. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no inquiries.